what is the latest CPU socket on the market?

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
what is the latest CPU socket on the market? I am so confused with all of the available sockets on the market now.

What is the fastest Intel CPU for appropriate socket?

Does duo core CPU speed up regular business apps or window 2003 processing?

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Latest socket: AM2 for AMD and LGA775 for intel even though it's been around for a while.

LGA775 is the fastest (it's actually more dependent on the CPU).

duo core... you mean Core Duo? Yes, for business apps it helps because you have more overall processing power. For Windows '03 it will help again because you don't just have 1 processing core working on the app. Although I think you should check out Core 2 Duo, it's faster.

what is the latest CPU socket on the market? I am so confused with all of the available sockets on the market now.

What precisely are you trying to do, you've been asking about Rators, various old sockets, various old motherboards, data recovery from unbootable HDD, windows 2003? the server version is that?

Socket 775 is latest intel for desktop, Am2 is AMD for desktop, with Socket F for servers/enthusiast (I think) which makes 3, there might be another intel one for servers.

Do you want Core Duo, or Core 2 Duo, C2D is latest.

Do you actually know what you are talking about, your defective HDD post was very confused and indicated that you may not know some of the basics regarding changing boot sequences. If you don't know what you are talking about don't try to help people by telling them that their CMOS may be defective...

Yes these newer processors are faster then the older ones.

Tell us what you are trying to achieve, are you trying to build a server, what for and why? is it a gaming server, or a database server? Are you trying to build a basic PC, or a gaming machine.

If you can tell us what you are trying to achieve you have a much greater chance of getting answers that fullfill your needs, as opposed to asking multiple semi-related questions, and not getting a coherent picture of your next steps.

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Socket 775 is latest intel for desktop, Am2 is AMD for desktop, with Socket F for servers/enthusiast (I think) which makes 3, there might be another intel one for servers.

Intel's sever/workstation socket is LGA771 for the Woodcrest Xeons.

I think what he's trying to do is get as much info as he can before he gets a new comp. Shall I post some sticky threads about FAQs?

Intel's sever/workstation socket is LGA771 for the Woodcrest Xeons.

I think what he's trying to do is get as much info as he can before he gets a new comp. Shall I post some sticky threads about FAQs?
Its the muckiest way I've seen for getting info for a new build. He'll get duff advice this way...

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
True, true.... but from what it looks like he's a noob and is just overwhelmed by everything so I guess I'll work with that. After all, I'm still a bit of a noob myself. Lol. Anyways...

For something like business apps like he's doing I think I'd go with a C2D or a C2D-L.

True, true.... but from what it looks like he's a noob and is just overwhelmed by everything so I guess I'll work with that. After all, I'm still a bit of a noob myself. Lol. Anyways...

For something like business apps like he's doing I think I'd go with a C2D or a C2D-L.

I think I need a break from answering questions... well hols are coming up so I'll be away for a week.

The direct style I've tried recently has had some good effects, one or two people got solved in 1-2 replies, instaed of the usual 10-15

FAQ away...

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
His feet smell like mushrooms... Anyways..

From what I understand, a troll is basically someone who makes a worthless/pointless post. A bunch of people respond but the OP never reappears and just makes more useless posts.

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004

What precisely are you trying to do, you've been asking about Rators, various old sockets, various old motherboards, data recovery from unbootable HDD, windows 2003? the server version is that?

Do you want Core Duo, or Core 2 Duo, C2D is latest.

Do you actually know what you are talking about, your defective HDD post was very confused and indicated that you may not know some of the basics regarding changing boot sequences. If you don't know what you are talking about don't try to help people by telling them that their CMOS may be defective...

Yes these newer processors are faster then the older ones.

Tell us what you are trying to achieve, are you trying to build a server, what for and why? is it a gaming server, or a database server? Are you trying to build a basic PC, or a gaming machine.

If you can tell us what you are trying to achieve you have a much greater chance of getting answers that fullfill your needs, as opposed to asking multiple semi-related questions, and not getting a coherent picture of your next steps.

I am just updating my knowledge about latest hardware stuff. I have game PC P4 3.2Ghz on Asus P4C800 deluxe.