[SOLVED] What is the latest Intel ME driver for my HP Pavilion laptop?

ScreperisLT

Reputable
Feb 12, 2020
So I have this old laptop, that I bought used for 40Euros. It has 8GB of RAM, i7-2630QM, 240GB SU650, HD 6490M GPU. The laptop's model is HP Pavilion dv6-6052ea.
I was wondering, what is the latest Intel ME driver, that I can download for this machine? On the official HP Support page it has an Intel ME 7.0.x.x..., but all the driver information is very outdated, because the latest driver for anything is from 2011, even though both the GPU and FingerPrint sensor has updated drivers on the official sites of the GPU and Fingerprint sensor makers. Could there also be a newer version of Intel ME Driver somewhere on the internet, that would be good for my system? I have read, that there are specific Intel ME drivers, that are specific to the systems, so I can't just go to the Intel website and download the latest one.

Solution
Intel is unlikely to have released a new version of ME that is compatible with your hardware after release. The driver updater versions may change but many of those include old drivers. So all you really are updating is the updating software, at that point.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Intel is unlikely to have released a new version of ME that is compatible with your hardware after release. The driver updater versions may change but many of those include old drivers. So all you really are updating is the updating software, at that point.

Solution