What is the market share of all-in-one liquid cooling kits versus customized builds?

nilhardware

Reputable
Nov 6, 2015
What is the ratio of folks who buy all-in-one pc liquid cooling systems versus those who build their own customized pc liquid cooling systems?

Solution
No way of telling, but would venture of water cooled CPUs, I'd say less than 5% are custom, there's just too many AIOs out there (many are rather crappy, cooling wise), but way too many people simply think liquid is better than air and get things like the H60, h80 etc which are easily outcooled by much lower priced air coolers like the EVO or H7

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No way of telling, but would venture of water cooled CPUs, I'd say less than 5% are custom, there's just too many AIOs out there (many are rather crappy, cooling wise), but way too many people simply think liquid is better than air and get things like the H60, h80 etc which are easily outcooled by much lower priced air coolers like the EVO or H7

Solution

nayrnayr1

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015

H75, I got it for $60 and it makes the room around it easier to work with and also looks cool. :D

The second part is mostly the reason I have it. Also, it is also pretty easy to remove. Nothing in the way of it.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
would venture to guess that the custom watercooling loop share is even less than 5%; maybe more like 1-2%...maybe 3%. AIO coolers make up a great deal more, possibly in the 5-9% range. Remember, many PCs are laptops that aren't liquid cooled at all, or are lower cost machines like Dell, etc.

It really is kind of a complete guess as to all this, though...pretty difficult to accurately estimate.