[SOLVED] What is the max CPU for my build?

Nov 25, 2021
Solution
Probably R5 3600 or 3700, as above.

Your current ram configuration raises questions though. What speed are they running at now? Xmp speeds isn't plug and play so user input in bios is required.

Run userbench website and link results here, we'll see what the ram is running at.

For best Ryzen performance, xmp is a must. Might need to do away with a kit if that means xmp speeds will only be achievable with two sticks, which is most likely.

kanewolf

Titan
So I’m my current build I have a

And I want to upgrade my CPU but don’t want to have the issue where there isn’t enough power or whatever(i don’t know a lot) my current cpu is
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

What are some of the best options I can upgrade to and be worth it or do I need to upgrade my power supply too

my current build minus an extra hard drive or ssd or whatever

A 3600 or 3700 would be my recommendation. The 3000 series CPUs get expensive beyond the 3700.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Your current ram configuration raises questions though. What speed are they running at now? Xmp speeds isn't plug and play so user input in bios is required.

Run userbench website and link results here, we'll see what the ram is running at.

For best Ryzen performance, xmp is a must. Might need to do away with a kit if that means xmp speeds will only be achievable with two sticks, which is most likely.

Solution
Nov 25, 2021

Not to be a noob or whatever but how do I test that and see it?

kanewolf

Titan
what is the best fix for that? Like I said I dont know a lot and thats why I'm here.
I would download Ryzen master from AMD -- https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master It will show how your CPU temps are.
Since you don't have a CPU cooler listed with your rig, I assume you are using the stock cooler. Replacing your cooler with an aftermarket might be one option. But you need to look at your temps first.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The UserBenchmark also shows you run a very old bios, would update that.

BIOS Date20180122

Would be good to update the chipset drivers first before updating the bios.
AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops

Looked at your partslist as well and if that is true is your ram not running at rated spec, might be because you simpply didn't enable DOCP in the bios or that you mixed kits of ram. Would just look at this after a bios update though.

Last edited: