[SOLVED] What is the max gaming performance of a Radeon HD6450?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Just temporary until Christmas going to put a GTX1650 Super upgrading older XPS8300; put Steam on it and am wondering what games I can let my child play until the upgrade. It came with the PC new, settings have never been changed so whatever they were new is what they're set at. Thanks!

Solution
Just temporary until Christmas going to put a GTX1650 Super upgrading older XPS8300; put Steam on it and am wondering what games I can let my child play until the upgrade. It came with the PC new, settings have never been changed so whatever they were new is what they're set at. Thanks!

Generally casual games and very old games. It's not a gaming GPU and more intent to be used in basic office machines or HTPCs when the CPUs used don't have integrated graphics.

DSzymborski

Titan

Generally casual games and very old games. It's not a gaming GPU and more intent to be used in basic office machines or HTPCs when the CPUs used don't have integrated graphics.

Solution
HD6450 is barely functional to provide any output at all.
Do not plan on any games that depend on action.

The GTX1650 super will be a massive upgrade.
What is the capability of the psu?
Does the power supply have the required aux 6 pin connector that the card requires?
Do not plan on using molex adapters to fulfill that requirement.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
HD6450 is barely functional to provide any output at all.
Do not plan on any games that depend on action.

The GTX1650 super will be a massive upgrade.
What is the capability of the psu?
Does the power supply have the required aux 6 pin connector that the card requires?
Do not plan on using molex adapters to fulfill that requirement.
It has a 6pin but I probably should replace it don't you think, as it's about 8yrs old now.
As games go on Steam seems either they don't really need a graphics card but when they do it's usually a min GTX670 (which actually though outdated seems to be a pretty good card, fairly close to the 1650 for the age difference.) The lowest are vulkan compatible which I don't think the 6450 is. Fortunately the first game I let him play on Steam was Goat Simulator since he was already familiar with it on his tablet, it played smoothly without a graphics card. Christmas will be here soon enough :)

Last edited:
Reactions: spentshells