[SOLVED] What is the meaning of this error in Dell?

Joseph_152

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
So my computer crashed and got a bsod. When i tried to restart it, it entered a "Preparing for Automatic Repair then it will turn off, restart and will show the dell logo on it" loop. The loop happens for every 4 secs or so. I tried to use the built in diagnostic test of dell and it showed an error. The error is "fail PSA V4236 Error 2000:0114". What is the meaning of it?

So my computer crashed and got a bsod. When i tried to restart it, it entered a "Preparing for Automatic Repair then it will turn off, restart and will show the dell logo on it" loop. The loop happens for every 4 secs or so. I tried to use the built in diagnostic test of dell and it showed an error. The error is "fail PSA V4236 Error 2000:0114". What is the meaning of it?
dell dell forum response

so does this mean that it is beyond repair?
Nope, just replace the motherboard and you can be up and running in no time.

However, before you do that, fully diagnose the problem by disconnecting everything connected to the system except cpu, ram and video (if you can't use the igpu). If you still have the error, remove the ram down to the bare minimum and then completely. Make sure the error messages are consistent with what they should be for a lack of ram, etc. I would also try completely clearing the cmos as a corrupt bios could do this as well.

Then after all that, I'd look for the same motherboard on ebay and get one and swap it over. Then start up the new mb with the same basics--cpu, ram, video--and make sure it boots properly. Then add storage and other devices until you are back to 100%.