What is the most efficient way to reset windows 10?

SlayerNebula

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015
I just love how fast Windows 10 is on a fresh reset, i have 2 hard drives my D:\ drive for my steam games and other files and my C:\ for Windows and programs, drivers, downloads, etc, etc...

I want to try to reset windows every 3 months or so just so i can keep getting reliability.

What would be the best method to either download or transfer my downloads, programs, drivers, and other files?

Solution
1. Do a fresh install of the OS
2. Install all your drivers, applications, all that stuff
3. Using a tool like Macrium Reflect, create a full drive image. This image is saved to a different drive.
4. Create the Macrium Rescue CD or USB

Later, some months from now...boot from that Macrium Rescue USB, tell it which Image to use, and which drive to put it on.
15 minutes, done. System will be exactly as it was when you created that image.

USAFRet

Titan
1. Do a fresh install of the OS
2. Install all your drivers, applications, all that stuff
3. Using a tool like Macrium Reflect, create a full drive image. This image is saved to a different drive.
4. Create the Macrium Rescue CD or USB

Later, some months from now...boot from that Macrium Rescue USB, tell it which Image to use, and which drive to put it on.
15 minutes, done. System will be exactly as it was when you created that image.

Solution

SlayerNebula

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2015

Wow thanks, and to answer your other concern well maybe it's not a concern maybe a comment. Windows Explorer was constantly not responding and would not restart correctly, as well as random outages of my Internet adapter. I think the registry got messed up bad but don't know how. But thanks for your answer and i will try that. Take this best answer man.