[SOLVED] What is the most important parts for me to upgrade to get stable performance in Assassin's Creed Origins

Jul 9, 2020
Hi
I have recently bought Assassin's Creed Origins and want a more stable experience. I have a computer i got from my mom's friend, and the only thing i have upgraded so far is the graphics card. I was wondering if what is more important to upgrade is my CPUfor more stable performance (with ram as i would most likely get a Ryzen 5 3600) or maybe just a more beefy graphics card. I have noticed with the benchmark that my CPU is constantly at 100% on all cores, whereas my GPU is never at 100%, sometimes even goes as low as 50-55%.
My pc specs are as following.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N 64 bit
Cpu: Intel Core i5 3570 @ 3.40Ghz
Ram: 16GB Dual-Channel @ 666MHz
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte)
Storage: 465GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO SATA

I know some components are very outdated but i don't know which components needs the most upgrade. Don't wanna waste money on new CPU if i just need a RTX 2070 or AMD 5700XT.
Any help is much appreciated as i have tried doing alot of research on the topic but have a hard time deciding myself what to buy.
Regards Valdemar Aagaard Østerberg

Solution
Interesting how you say that GPU upgrade is not going to do anything xD
Well, it's not going to do much, when the cpu is what feeds it pre-rendered frames for it to apply all the post processing effects, etc.

If everything else is fine, then that leaves the cpu as the culprit.
One more thing: the cpu isn't overheating in the game, is it? 90C or higher?
Jul 9, 2020
PS. i know my ram are probably really <Mod Edit>, but don't know if it is bad enough to NEED an upgrade, most games i run on this setup run really well, even with 2 screens and some Youtube in the background.
As an example i can run The Witcher 3 in high Graphics at 50-120 fps depending on if i am in the big cities or out and about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A hand-me-down, eh?

Windows was reinstalled before/after the PC changed hands, after which the motherboard drivers were installed from the product support webpage?

PC is clean - no viruses/malware?

You're not running anything else in the background besides the game and the launcher? If you are, that does come at the cost of cpu and memory resources.
That cpu just has 4 threads; you can't really afford to run any extra apps.

All that, plus: a gpu upgrade is going to do little if even one cpu thread is pinned at 100%... but you may just have too much going on at once. That's why I posted the earlier 3 points.

Reactions: valde1996
Jul 9, 2020
Hey thanks for the reply. I have reinstalled windows when i got my pc 6 months ago'ish. It does not have any viruses or malware, at idle with no chrome going on cpu sits at around 11%. I on purpose do not run anything in the background when running the game only steam, u play and the game is open, i even disable my 2'nd monitor.
I am right now looking into buying the 3600 ryzen 5. Do you thin this will be sufficient or maybe a better cpu?

Jul 9, 2020
And yeah definitly a hand me down haha xD i have also reinstalled drivers and even bios as the bios caused my pc to not even start before i updated them.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Well, it's not going to do much, when the cpu is what feeds it pre-rendered frames for it to apply all the post processing effects, etc.

If everything else is fine, then that leaves the cpu as the culprit.
One more thing: the cpu isn't overheating in the game, is it? 90C or higher?

Solution
Jul 9, 2020
No i have a good CPU cooler it never goes to even 60c highest is around 58c Celsius. Okay thanks for the help seems like i really need a new CPU. Do you think a 3600 Ryzen 5 is enough? Would really love if i could also have some youtube or chrome stuff open in the background. I am abit confused as to whether more cores means that it will be able to handle chrome in the background while still playing games with the other cores.

Jul 9, 2020
I upgraded from a 3570k in March, it couldn't cope very well with some games Far Cry 5 in particular. I imagine AC:O is similar so I think Phaaze is right to suggest a CPU upgrade
Which CPU did you upgrade to? And how did it affect your gaming?
I am also thinking it is a new CPU i need now with the help, but thanks for the extra help, especially when its the almost exact same CPU xD

Jul 9, 2020
Thank you Phaaze88 sounds like one of the options i was thinking about, but i definitly makes me more confident in buying new CPU, ram and motherboard. Was very unsure so much appreciated, have a great night/day xD

I am also thinking it is a new CPU i need now with the help, but thanks for the extra help, especially when its the almost exact same CPU xD
To a Ryzen 3600. It's a little hard to compare because I had a diferent graphics card with the 3570k a Vega 56 but it died so I had to go back to my spare card a 1050 ti
Although Far Cry 5 runs much better with the 3600 because it used to drop to 0 fps with the 3570k for a few seconds every so often

Reactions: Phaaze88
Jul 9, 2020
To a Ryzen 3600. It's a little hard to compare because I had a diferent graphics card with the 3570k a Vega 56 but it died so I had to go back to my spare card a 1050 ti
Although Far Cry 5 runs much better with the 3600 because it used to drop to 0 fps with the 3570k for a few seconds every so often
Damn with the graphics card. But that does sound better to me tho since i get alot of stutter in games . Seems like the ryzen 3600 is what im going to go for as well. Thanks for the reply's man, i cant wait for my Ryzen 3600 hahaha

If you want to compare your 3570 to modern CPU's then I worked out it is roughly the same performace as a Ryzen 1200 so you can look for a CPU benchmark chart for AC:O

The one thing I didn't expect after the upgrade was web pages loading a little faster. I didn't think they loaded slow before on my 3570k (stock so 3.8Ghz) but I noticed that web browsing just felt "snappier" with the new CPU

Reactions: Phaaze88
Jul 9, 2020
If you want to compare your 3570 to modern CPU's then I worked out it is roughly the same performace as a Ryzen 1200 so you can look for a CPU benchmark chart for AC:O

The one thing I didn't expect after the upgrade was web pages loading a little faster. I didn't think they loaded slow before on my 3570k (stock so 3.8Ghz) but I noticed that web browsing just felt "snappier" with the new CPU
Thank you, atm i feel like my web browsing is fast an snappy but if it gets even better... Damn man i cant wait for this new CPU, i am gonna post in this thread about how it feels. I am abit curious about the differences. Ill check the Ryzen 1200 bechmark in a moment here. xD