What is the most optimal for my usage?

Sep 10, 2018
I put this under the memory category because my question is primarily about RAM, but i also have others questions,

For one, I'm still kind of confused about what is the most optimal for Ryzen Zen+ in terms of Latency and Speed, while I more or less understand what these two are and their relationship towards each other and overall performance, what I don't understand is what the most optimal for ryzen is, mostly because whenever I search it, there are so many different answers

So I plan on buying something along the lines of Trident Z 3200Mhz, CL16 since it was the best priced, but if it's worth the performance boost, then maybe CL15 or CL14, but the speed will stay the same since I see that people unanimously agree that 3200Mhz is the best price for performance.

Speaking of price for performance, I was also wondering if some other things are more worth it in terms or price for performance. My current parts list to buy are the ff:
Ryzen 7 2700x
Trident Z 3200Mhz CL16
GTX 1070
Gigabyte x470 Aorus Gaming 5
Samsung 970 evo 250gb

I was thinking something like maybe a GTX 1060 instead, or maybe a Ryzen 7 2700 (non x)/Ryzen 5 2600X instead, or, as previously mentioned CL14 on the RAM instead, etc.

Oh and most importantly, I plan on playing primarily Fortnite, sometimes LoL and I also plan on playing an MMORPG soon. I also plan on streaming and multitasking with probably 4 windows, 5-15 tabs each, spotify, youtube, and Fortnite all at the same time (all on 2 screens).
I also really don't care about really high quality, as long as it's 1920x1080. I don't care about all the textures, all the particles, shadows, etc. I just want high FPS on 1920x1080.

So basically, I'm asking what's the best price for performance for all of this hahaha

Lutfij

Titan
IMHO, with some time and effort you could get to those (tight)latencies and perhaps trade off with voltages without incurring a price penalty. If you want it out of the box, then they are supposed to run out f the box at those tight timings but with G.Skill rams, there is always room for improvement provided you know what you're doing.

Actually your system is balanced but you didn't include the PSU in that list.

Your main thought on ram should be compatibility.
You want documented ram compatibility. If you should ever have a problem, you want supported ram.
Otherwise, you risk a finger pointing battle between the ram and motherboard support sites, claiming "not my problem".
One place to check is your motherboards web site.
Look for the ram QVL list. It lists all of the ram kits that have been tested with that particular motherboard.
Sometimes the QVL list is not updated after the motherboard is released.
For more current info, go to a ram vendor's web site and access their ram selection configurator.

There is a bit of a trade off with speed vs. latency.
Faster speed brings higher latency.
In the whole scheme of things, ram is not a big differentiator so long as you have enough and it works.