What is the name of the fans on the Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
If you're going for looks, and just want to match that fan, I would just send coolermaster an email, they will most likely send you a part number.

If it's for cooling, I can tell you what I found several years back, and I'm actually still using that cooler in my sons PC. Adding a second fan was worth 1-2 C drop everywhere. So not a huge gain, but still a gain. However lapping the cooler was worth a 5 C drop at idle and at full load, so that was quite a drop.

My lapped 212:

evo212.jpg

Which is in a modified Antec Three Hundred Case, with dual Cougar Fans on it.

3002mod4.jpg
You don't want an identical fan on the pull side anyhow. Since it's not possible to connect a separate fan to a different controllable fan header in order to increase the curve on the pull fan in order to make it have a slightly higher RPM at all curve points, you want a pull fan with a higher rated CFM. Otherwise, with two identical fans, the pull fan becomes an obstacle for the push fan increasing the resistance to airflow and the fans that come on the 212 coolers don't have terrific static pressure to begin with.

Is there a specific reason you want to add a second fan, or is that also only for aesthetics?

May 31, 2018

i just want to have 2 fans like on the photo, scroll down a bit :
http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-rgb-black-edition/

Edit: But where i bought only had 1, and probably they only sell with one --» https://www.pccomponentes.com/cooler-master-hyper-212-rgb-black-edition?utm_campaign=afiliados&utm_source=effi-1395064183

May 31, 2018

BWT, i saw the fan name on their page, but i can't find where to buy it.

If you're going for looks, and just want to match that fan, I would just send coolermaster an email, they will most likely send you a part number.

If it's for cooling, I can tell you what I found several years back, and I'm actually still using that cooler in my sons PC. Adding a second fan was worth 1-2 C drop everywhere. So not a huge gain, but still a gain. However lapping the cooler was worth a 5 C drop at idle and at full load, so that was quite a drop.

My lapped 212:

evo212.jpg

Which is in a modified Antec Three Hundred Case, with dual Cougar Fans on it.

3002mod4.jpg

Solution
Actually, you can't get that fan anywhere except ON that cooler or possibly directly through Cooler master. It is not offered for sale as an aftermarket stand alone product and the model number is SP120R RGB, not to be confused with the Corsair SP120 RGB.

Status
Not open for further replies.