[SOLVED] What is the newest LGA 775 motherboard?

High performance LGA 775 motherboards were made in 2009. They were discontinued after a couple years. The no-frills basic - G41 chipset motherboard was still being made and sold until about a year ago. You can still buy them used on places such as eBay.

High performance LGA 775 motherboards were made in 2009. They were discontinued after a couple years. The no-frills basic - G41 chipset motherboard was still being made and sold until about a year ago. You can still buy them used on places such as eBay.
Right, but wouldn't it be something interesting to see an m.2 slot on a system normally limited to SATA 2? How would that allow the rest of the PC to perform?

Probably an DDR3 version of it, like Gigabyte and Asus (not sure which models).
And best overclocking are Asus formula and Gigabyte UD3R (i owned ud3r and it was beast for ocing, 1.525V q6600 450fsb stable and max 500fsb for intel burn test and prime95).
Yes, I have a UD3R board but I never cranked my FSB that high or used voltages that crazy. I'm using a Xeon X5470 @4 GHz @1.375v, which is already outside spec for voltage I think.

I had like day or two with trial and errors since the 65nm isnt very good with P45 chipset at all, But in all I enjoyed that motherboard soo much with overclocking potential.
I wasnt scared of puhsing voltage since I've had multiple fans across vrms and chipset.
Replaced the dried out thermal paste under the NB and SB, never crossed the 70*C. VRMS didnt even "cough" up at all since new thermal pads as I've asked gigabyte and they have confirmed that 1mm would work without issue.

With most features and OC, Asus Formula is no brainer at all, with DDR3 support is best ones since the DDR isnt limiting (eg 1200MHz DDR2 vs 1600 or higher DDR3).

I had like day or two with trial and errors since the 65nm isnt very good with P45 chipset at all, But in all I enjoyed that motherboard soo much with overclocking potential.
I wasnt scared of puhsing voltage since I've had multiple fans across vrms and chipset.
Replaced the dried out thermal paste under the NB and SB, never crossed the 70*C. VRMS didnt even "cough" up at all since new thermal pads as I've asked gigabyte and they have confirmed that 1mm would work without issue.

With most features and OC, Asus Formula is no brainer at all, with DDR3 support is best ones since the DDR isnt limiting (eg 1200MHz DDR2 vs 1600 or higher DDR3).
Any chance you could throw a userbenchmark of your system? Or do you no longer have it?

You're lucky I have it :p
passmark.jpg

4195.jpg

4500_3_7_GHZ_lapped.jpg
4500_3_7_GHZ_lapped_CPUZ.jpg
4500_3_7_GHZ_lapped_CPUZRAM.jpg

All voltages were 1 tick under max recommended on 1st try, on second I've set one above max recommended.

Also to add I have no idea how I ran 2x1GB OCZ with 2x2GB Buffalo on 2.4V or 2.6V since both had heatsinks and also OCZ as reviewed could take a lot of voltage.

Last edited: