What is the optimal intake fan placement for this case?

Stefan Ivanovski

Reputable
May 26, 2015
Hello.

I have the CoolerMaster K350 case. It comes with 1 preinstalled intake 120mm fan in the front. My temps are acceptable but I would like to have them a bit lower so I'm planning on adding 1 more intake fan. Since the case isn't the best for cooling, the options are limited. There are slots at the bottom of the case and on the side panel. I was wondering which position would improve the temperatures the most?
(sidenote: side panel doesn't have a filter and is straight across the GPU)

Link to case: http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/k350-rc-k350-kwn2-en/

Thank you for your time :)

Solution
D
Coolermaster didn't design this case for outstanding airflow, its setup is generic. Your primary concern should be pulling all that hot air from around the CPU area out the case. Your intake will not do that for you because it's at the bottom and cannot reach that top area.

Many modern cases have their intakes positioned to push air directly over the main components to help cool them. Your case does not have this so a pocket of hot air is being made near the top area, which is why an exhaust fan is needed up there.

You don't need to be concerned about negative/positive air pressure considering you (now) have two fans (which is necessary and why most cases are sold with 1 intake and 1 exhaust).

RPM can be lowered.

D

Deleted member 1443762

Install a 120mm fan at the rear. Make sure it's positioned as an exhaust, you want the heat going out.

D

Deleted member 1443762

Coolermaster didn't design this case for outstanding airflow, its setup is generic. Your primary concern should be pulling all that hot air from around the CPU area out the case. Your intake will not do that for you because it's at the bottom and cannot reach that top area.

Many modern cases have their intakes positioned to push air directly over the main components to help cool them. Your case does not have this so a pocket of hot air is being made near the top area, which is why an exhaust fan is needed up there.

You don't need to be concerned about negative/positive air pressure considering you (now) have two fans (which is necessary and why most cases are sold with 1 intake and 1 exhaust).

RPM can be lowered.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS