[SOLVED] What is the Perfect fan speed for ASRock rx580 8gb

Ihavenoname123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
Heey I've bought a ASRock phantom gaming rx580 8gb. But the fans are noisy so I have a question what is the perfect wattman fan speed for as low possible noise but good as possible cooling

Solution
It can sound weird, but It depends on the region you live. :)

For "cold" places (e.g. ambient indoor temperature around 22°C), I think the "zero RPM" profile should be enough to maintain the temperature. In my case, I live in tropical climate, so I need to use a custom profile. I set it up with 35% fan up to 42°C, and then a straight upward line to 85% and 85°C (65%,65°C, 75%,75°C...).

You can start there, and do the fine tuning on the run.

araujo.tiago

Reputable
Sep 25, 2018

For "cold" places (e.g. ambient indoor temperature around 22°C), I think the "zero RPM" profile should be enough to maintain the temperature. In my case, I live in tropical climate, so I need to use a custom profile. I set it up with 35% fan up to 42°C, and then a straight upward line to 85% and 85°C (65%,65°C, 75%,75°C...).

Solution

Ihavenoname123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019

thanks but one question how hot do get your grapchic card

Heey I've bought a ASRock phantom gaming rx580 8gb. But the fans are noisy so I have a question what is the perfect wattman fan speed for as low possible noise but good as possible cooling

Thats a sticky thicket of a question. There is no correct answer because there are so many variables.

First under volt it. That will reduce heat

Now heres the hard part:

You can slow down the fans. But if you do so too much your video card will slow down.

If you have a monitor that only does 60Hz set the target frame rate control to 60Hz. This will allow the card to run cooler and your game to be more responsive.

So pick a demanding game with a benchmark and run it with various fan curves over amd over till you notice a dip in fps.

Sorry for not giving you the direct answer. But this is the way its done.

I have a 1440p monitor that runs at 60Hz and i never exceed 70C with zero dropped frames.

Ihavenoname123

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
Ok thx for yours respons. My grapich card gets way hotter Dan your my hits with auto amd wattman 85degrees and with fan curves around 70degrees. Is it possible that I have bad thermal paste because I bought my card 2weeks ago