What is the performance of Toshiba Satellite L50-A666

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadness

Reputable
Jul 9, 2014
Hello,

I was asking about the performance of Toshiba Satellite L50-A666, can I launch BF3, BF4 and almost 2010-2014 games on medium or even on low settings.
I would also ask which better, i7-4702mq 2.2GHz or i7-4700mq 2,4GHz and I would know if Nvidia GeForce GT 740m gonna achieve a good performance of gaming with the processor.

Specs:

Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz, Quad-Core)
8 GB of DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M
1 TB of Hard Driver Disk
Internal resolution: 1366 x 768 15.6"
The battery is lithium-ion 4-cell and it's kinda weak.

Well as far as CPU goes you can't get much better.

Video card can be better but still decent. Don't expect to play BF one ultra or maybe even high settings. Its got good specs though. The screen though to me is ehhhh...Even since i'ves gone to 1080p an up on my monitors i can't go back.

Bolin

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

Intel makes the same CPUs they sell to alienware and sell them to any Manufacturer

There are only a few better CPU's that the 4700MQ and the 4702mq is a little less. not much but a litter. out of ALL THE LAPTOP CPU's the 4700MQ Ranks in the top 10 for sure. Only other better ones are a few other i7's. No AMD ones. So I don't see how the "CPU is Limiting"

If anything the graphics card is the limiting factor here NOT the CPU. If you can get like a 760m or a 860m or better then you will have a machine that can fun BF on high and maybe ultra just fine. I mean at those resolutions it should be able to run ultra.

Bolin

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

"Well as far as CPU goes you can't get much better."
I guess you should've said "The 4700hq is pretty good and among the best mobile processors", newbies like OP will usually take "can't get much better" for "it's pretty bad, but there isn't much you can do about it"

"Well, the CPU is kinda limited specially in laptops except alienwares, but I think this cpu is a good one, isn't it?"
This is a language missunderstanding, "is kinda limited" means in availability, like if alienware got special CPUs by intel and Asus had to buy weaker CPUs only which is false.

"If anything the graphics card is the limiting factor here NOT the CPU. If you can get like a 760m or a 860m or better then you will have a machine that can fun BF on high and maybe ultra just fine. I mean at those resolutions it should be able to run ultra."
exactly, it depends on OP's budget though.

Status
Not open for further replies.