[SOLVED] What is the Power Consumption of Intel Pentium Gold G5600T processor?

Solution
The TDP is measured from the base frequency. Since this CPU doesn't have a boost frequency, it's safe to assume its power draw would be around 35W under load.

The 25W TDP is TDP-down at 2.2GHz.

TechPowerUp reviewed the G5600 which is a good validation. (TDP 56W) Keep in mind, those numbers are SYSTEM power consumption from the wall (so you also have to factor out PSU efficiency)

Gamers Nexus' G5600 review measures CPU power draw directly from the EPS connector.
The TDP is measured from the base frequency. Since this CPU doesn't have a boost frequency, it's safe to assume its power draw would be around 35W under load.

TechPowerUp reviewed the G5600 which is a good validation. (TDP 56W) Keep in mind, those numbers are SYSTEM power consumption from the wall (so you also have to factor out PSU efficiency)

Gamers Nexus' G5600 review measures CPU power draw directly from the EPS connector.

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 20, 2020

Hmm......just to clarify

This 25-35 watts.....if that is the consumption, then do we subtract it from the Power Supply total?

For example:
Let's say you have a Power Supply of 200 Watts. Does this mean:
200 - 25 (or 35) = 165-175 watts remaining (to power any other components within the system)???

Apr 20, 2020
I'm actually canvassing for components that would replace an Intel Atom N230 hardware system

Cmuz9bxWEAASrX2.jpg

i-img1200x674-1585924095fo0xq61698969.jpg

index.php

i-img1200x674-1585924098aceul01840347.jpg

The challenge is finding something that has super low power consumption for low-budget arcade gaming application.

Gotcha.

And the reason for needing the lower power consumption is to make sure the power brick in that picture can be reused?

The Atom 230 is from 2008 (1C/2T @ 1.6GHz). You're not going to be able to reuse the mobo & RAM from the existing hardware. You know that, right?

A Raspberry Pi 4 would probably handily outpace the Atom 230 performance-wise.

Apr 20, 2020
And the reason for needing the lower power consumption is to make sure the power brick in that picture can be reused?

The power brick appears to be an 85 W unit (similar to HP / Compaq external DC brick)

The Atom 230 is from 2008 (1C/2T @ 1.6GHz). You're not going to be able to reuse the mobo & RAM from the existing hardware. You know that, right?

Yup noted.

I was actually thinking of an Asus ROG Mini-ITX board..........but I guess any Mini-ITX board that works with LGA1151 will do.

Also, I won't be using a dedicated GPU. IMHO, Intel UHD Graphics 630 should be enough (and more powerful than the original spec Geforce 9400M???)

Raspberry Pi 4

I thought about it as well............but I'm not sure if it can run Windows 10 IOT Enterprise.

Also, the game was programmed using an Intel processor in mind........so I dunno if it would be compatible with an ARM unit.

In any case, it's a hypothetical...........but if Pentium Gold G5600T is too power-hungry, then I can:
-Probably wait for Intel to release a low-power desktop processor using 10 nanometer technology.
-Or I can keep an eye on NUC (next unit of computing)

P.S.
That being said:
I am kinda puzzled why Intel stopped further development on ultra-lower desktop processors. I mean, 5-10 years of technology and knowledge and they couldn't make another 4 W TDP desktop processor