Question What is the RAM clearance of H100i RGB Platinum?

Dec 12, 2019
I have Cooler Master MB511 RGB, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX and XPG Spectrix D41 (Height: 45.8mm).

I wonder if I can install Corsair H100i RGB Platinum on top. The manual says the case supports 240mm AIO on top but I don't know if the RAM will allow it.

PS: I don't want to install it in the front because I just bought be quiet fans with Halos fan frames so please don't suggest front-mount.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
RAM clearance almost always defines the height of the cooler (usually a heatpipe tower cooler) as it has the ability to be installed and not interfere with memory DIMM modules. For example, AIOs almost ALWAYS just cover the CPU IHS. I cannot recall any time when an AIO had any issue with RAM clearance because their mounting does not encounter memory modules.

The way you are wording this, it has nothing to do about RAM clearance and more about whether the AIO will fit at the top of your case.

Dec 12, 2019
The case allows me to mount 240mm radiator on top. Only thing concerns me is the height of VRM heatsink and RAM sticks. While the radiator mounting points are closer to the glass rather than the motherboard, RAM height makes me think if the AIO will fit. Anyway, I think I have to try.

So you're worried the radiator may contact the ram? Is that what your referring to as ram clearance?

You should be fine. But to ease your mind a bit, measure from the top of the case where your rad will mount, down about 50-55mm(fans plus rad height) around your ram area.

I really dont think it will be an issue, and you're more than likely overthinking. If the case says it supports a 240 up top, usually clearances in the area have been checked.

bubuleh

Reputable
Jul 21, 2016
I have Cooler Master MB511 RGB, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX and XPG Spectrix D41 (Height: 45.8mm).

I wonder if I can install Corsair H100i RGB Platinum on top. The manual says the case supports 240mm AIO on top but I don't know if the RAM will allow it.

PS: I don't want to install it in the front because I just bought be quiet fans with Halos fan frames so please don't suggest front-mount.
hey this is 7 months late but i just installed an h100 pro xt today with 2 sticks of corsair vengeance pro on the same exact case and it actually did not fit on the top mount. motherboard is a z390 though.