[SOLVED] What is the recommended Laptop configuration for my needs ?

Jan 6, 2020
Hi everyone. Am new to this site.
Am shopping for a new laptop .
Basically am a non Tech person .

My Usage mainly is
  1. Working simutaneously in firefox with minimum 10 tabs open.
  2. Will be using Tradingview.com extensively . Will be having 2 tabs of the same open at any given time.
  3. Occasionally videos.
  4. Frequent MS Word usage
  5. Recently developed a passion for Ethical hacking. So any recommendations for the same are welcome.

I know my usage is on lower side. But I dont have a clue about hardwares or anything else.
Please suggest a best bang for the buck kinda laptop taking into account above needs.
Thank you

Solution
The CPU in your current laptop is not bad, your issue is the low amount of RAM and the fact that you probably have the original old drive in the thing. Before you spend money on a new laptop, if yours is in good shape aside from the speed I suggest buying a 4gb stick of RAM, spend $50 on a solid state drive and install a clean setup of Windows on in. You will find it loading at least twice as fast. Even 16 GB of RAM for your use is not bad to have, having multiple programs running will eat up your RAM more than the CPU.
Jan 6, 2020
Thanks for the Insight .

1. What is your budget?
400-550$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 Inch and above.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Nothing particular.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?
Reasonable . Not looking for a long battery life.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not going to use for gaming

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

1. Will be working with firefox/chrome . Will be having 10 tabs open simultaneously .
2. Am a Trader , so I will be having tradingview.com open as well. Will be having 2 tabs of that open as well.
3. Frequent MS WORD usage.
4. Occassionaly videos (movies / online streaming)
5. Recently developed a passion for Ethical Hacking. Learning that as well . So any configuration specific for that are welcome.
Although the Instructor hasnt specified any special needs for that purpose .

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
256 GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Nothing I know of . I am open to your recommendations.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-5 years.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Nothing particular.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Am neutral to all brands. Am open to your recommendation. I would prefer the most value for the buck .

13. What country do you live in?
India. But going to migrate to Germany in 4 months.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

My main purpose for this purchase is to have a reliable laptop for my trading.
Operation should be smooth without any lag .
My current laptop (i5 337U , 4GB RAM ) is taking atleast 30seconds to open a word page / pdf.
Opened sites also become white screen if I keep them open for a very long time .
Hence the reason for upgrading .

The CPU in your current laptop is not bad, your issue is the low amount of RAM and the fact that you probably have the original old drive in the thing. Before you spend money on a new laptop, if yours is in good shape aside from the speed I suggest buying a 4gb stick of RAM, spend $50 on a solid state drive and install a clean setup of Windows on in. You will find it loading at least twice as fast. Even 16 GB of RAM for your use is not bad to have, having multiple programs running will eat up your RAM more than the CPU.

Solution