What Is The Safest Way To Install Another Version Of Windows 8

Dec 26, 2013
Currently I have a 32-bit version of Windows 8 Professional, but it's not compatible with the program I need to install. There is no available 32-bit version of the program/ The program requires 64 Bit Version of Windows 7 or 8. I have 64 gigabytes of hard disk space available on the primary, but I also have 739 gigabytes free on my secondary Seagate Hybrid SSD. This is the hard drive I plan to use because of all the free disk space I have available. I want to use this new hard drive because it's fairly new and it's SSD. My plan is to partition this drive so that I can set the amount of space I want for the new OS and programs .I don't want to compromise any of my currently installed apps on the 32-bit version of Windows I have by upgrading it to 64 bit OS or am I wrong? This is why Im not sure to just start fresh or upgrade. What am I to do?

Upgrading a 32 bit OS to 64 bit OS would require a complete re install anyway. The only thing that would concern me is why it had 32 bit windows on it in the first place. You will want to make sure your hardware will support a 64 bit version of windows and that their are 64 bit drivers for your hardware.

for example, some netbooks might have a 32 bit processor, or devices that just do not have device drivers that are just not available for a 64 bit OS. If that is the case you would be blocked from installing the 64 bit windows during setup of the OS.

Basically, if you have a 64 bit CPU and mostly current (non custom) hardware Windows 8.x with a clean install will work well. (if you get a retail version, upgrade versions might require a bit of a hassle to get them to work for you)

Dec 26, 2013
why do you think it's useless...when I am setting up and using the 64-bit OS for a specific purpose? (in this case...an editing software that is compatible with CPU, but not compatible with my 32-bit OS. I've had situations that didn't allow me to run 32-bit programs in a 64-bit OS for whatever reason. I need feedback from someone in my situation; familiar with the same problem I've had

harry_r_s

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013

The just make partitions by a third party software.
Get both the partitions as primary, and install the windows in other partition. I guess it should solve it.