Question What is the stock bios on the Aorus x470 gaming 7 wifi Rev 1.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambal Diyan

Honorable
Apr 7, 2014
Asking because I'm not sure if I can q-flash directly to the latest bios. Support page on Aorus' site states some bios cannot be installed without chipset updates, etc.

EDIT: The Motherboard is currently NOT INSTALLED. My aim here is to understand in advance what I am supposed to do to make my 3700x run on it when I DO build it.

*Additional Info & Questions:

My particular one has an "AMD Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready" sticker on it. Maybe that means it has the F40 or later bios on it?

4XEN403.jpg

What are the chances that the board will die if it has F30 or F31 bios and I boot it up with the 3700x installed?

Last edited:
Version of your BIOS is displayed on the 'System' page in the BIOS.

If you BIOS version is below 31, you must update to 31 before updating to the latest version.

Also, install AMD Chipset Driver and EC FW update Tool from https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-7-WIFI-rev-11/support#support-dl-utility

When you've installed 31 version of bios and the drivers I mentioned, you can then proceed to install the latest BIOS available.

Remember to reset BIOS to defaults before updating - it's known to sometimes cause issues.

And a word of caution: Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the BIOS.

Last edited:

Jambal Diyan

Honorable
Apr 7, 2014
Version of your BIOS is displayed on the 'System' page in the BIOS.

If you BIOS version is below 31, you must update to 31 before updating to the latest version.

Also, install AMD Chipset Driver and EC FW update Tool from https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X470-AORUS-GAMING-7-WIFI-rev-11/support#support-dl-utility

When you've installed 31 version of bios and the drivers I mentioned, you can then proceed to install the latest BIOS available.

Remember to reset BIOS to defaults before updating - it's known to sometimes cause issues.

And a word of caution: Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, if you do not encounter problems using the current version of BIOS, it is recommended that you not flash the BIOS.

By the way, this thing is in the box, not installed.

So yeah, there's that.

So, any tips on how to flash in F31 without a 2nd gen ryzen cpu?

;)

Jambal Diyan

Honorable
Apr 7, 2014
with a 1st gen ;)

or by BIOS Programmer tool which physically connects to the BIOS chip, or by removing the chip from the board

Why do you need to flash a BIOS?

Ugh, so I have no choice but to spend more money? :cautious:

Because I was under the impression that 3rd gen Ryzen wont work on bios earlier than F40 on gigabyte x470 boards

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Reactions: Jambal Diyan
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS