Question What is the USB standard on Thermaltake level 20 GT's USB C port?

Feb 26, 2019
I'm looking for good cases that contain a proper USB 3.1 gen 2 port. Most upper middle and high end motherboards have an internal header for it and I might as well use it on the build I'm planning, unless there just aren't any good, appropriately priced, large mid towers or full towers for under 300 USD that have it.

But USB type C ports can have headers for any standard down to usb 2.0, and even for the two rgb fan versions of the Level 20 GT, Thermaltake isn't boasting that it actually used the standard it should have at a 180 dollars and up price point if was going to bother having USB type C at all. Yet Tom'sHardware claims it is USB 3.1 Gen 2 in the review. Did anyone actually test this while the review was being made and that's what they found?

Given a lot of cases seem to have weird I/O and rgb setup issues I would like to suggest reviews include a section detailing how attempting to use these things went, and tests run on I/O ports to at least confirm that any ports claiming or assumed by the reviewer to be USB 3.1 gen 2 actually support those speeds. Especially on new, higher end cases.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS