[SOLVED] What is thing thing my fans are connected to?

Solution
It's quite outdated at this point "molex" connector. Depending on what type of fan you want to buy you'll have to get molex-to-3pin or 4 pin adapter as it's highly unlikely you'll get fans that have a molex adapter at this point.

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
It's quite outdated at this point "molex" connector. Depending on what type of fan you want to buy you'll have to get molex-to-3pin or 4 pin adapter as it's highly unlikely you'll get fans that have a molex adapter at this point.

Solution
Aug 6, 2020
Wow thank you. Is it as simple as pulling out the molex for the fan I want to replace and stick in a new fan with a converter?

Aug 6, 2020
the molex is use for a 3 pins fans also so name and model of case same for motherboard and fans you want to had in the case .
I just looked at the molex and it seems to be a 4 pin, I have a asus h170 pro and a NZXT phantom case. Not sure about the fans just some NZXT ones. I bought some cheap ones off Amazon that come with a molex cable with them just now. Most likely replacing the faulty fan and installing an extra one at the top of the case as well

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
ok if you use the molex the will be running at full speed on the 3 pins from baord you could make a fan curve in bios if you have this optio the other point you board have only 2 case fan connector so you might need a y splitter also check you case specs it use some 200 mm so see it the 120 mm will fit in .