[SOLVED] What is this ASUS Com Service and asComSVC error? I don't have an ASUS Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2020
I see two Errors in the Event Viewer System log

"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the ASUS Com Service service to connect."

"DCOM got error "1053" attempting to start the service asComSvc with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
{BC50CF2A-E12C-4F18-90CE-714CC8600CEE}"

I'm running a Gigabyte Aorus mobo with an ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080ti Overclocked 11G GPU. What is going on with these errors? Searching around it appears they are related to ASUS mobo's but I'm not using one.

Solution
Run msconfig and look for asComSvc service under the services tab and disable it. You can also check the Registry, search asComSvc and remove it (or remark it) from the Run heading.
Feb 3, 2020
Run msconfig and look for asComSvc service under the services tab and turn it off

When I look up what asComSvc is I see

The genuine atkexComSvc.exe file is a software component of Asus Motherboard Utility by ASUS. ASUS Motherboard Utility is a utility software that keeps BIOS and device drivers up-to-date on ASUS computers. ACEngSvr.exe runs communications processes required for the ASUS Motherboard Utility to run.

which is why I mentioned not having an ASUS mobo in the thread title. I just hope that disabling this doesn't break something. It's strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.