What is this cable for?

G

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out on this one. I already set up everything (aside from this). As you look in the image it's a cable that you plug a cable from the power supply which gives power to the case fans. However, you need to connect the fans to this cable to give it power but if I do that couldn't connect the fans to my motherboard. This is what i think, which is quite confusing. If any of you know how to correctly set these case fan up that would be great!

EDIT: Yes this is a very noob question, but I'm guessing I dont connect case fans to the motherboard at all? So i just connect them to this cable?

Case: NZXT S340
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 550GS

Solution
I would recommend you only plug fans into the motherboard, so they will speed up / slow down as necessary. If you run out of motherboard headers, I would use Y-cables.

Plugging fans into the PSU will mean they will run full speed all the time, which will just mean more noise.
I would recommend you only plug fans into the motherboard, so they will speed up / slow down as necessary. If you run out of motherboard headers, I would use Y-cables.

Plugging fans into the PSU will mean they will run full speed all the time, which will just mean more noise.

Solution