[SOLVED] What is this flat piece that comes with replacement AM4 CPU Sockets?

Mar 25, 2022
Just like the title says, is this particular piece just a "clip" that holds the whole assembly together (please see pic) below? I'm looking to purchase one soon since mine is broken. Thanks in advance.

Ruben

Just like the title says, is this particular piece just a "clip" that holds the whole assembly together (please see pic) below? I'm looking to purchase one soon since mine is broken. Thanks in advance.

Ruben

The purpose of the piece is to aid in automated assembly.

The pick-and-place machine that installs it uses a manipulator arm with a small suction cup to pick up the part. It works well enough with IC's and other chips, but not a large socket like that with a bunch of holes in it.

Even a manual installer would use it with a vacuum pen...a small tool used to pick up parts for installation.
It's definitely a throw-away if not needed.

Reactions: Ru1984
Mar 25, 2022
The purpose of the piece is to aid in automated assembly.

The pick-and-place machine that installs it uses a manipulator arm with a small suction cup to pick up the part. It works well enough with IC's and other chips, but not a large socket like that with a bunch of holes in it.

Even a manual installer would use it with a vacuum pen...a small tool used to pick up parts for installation.
It's definitely a throw-away if not needed.
I appreciate the info.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS