Question What is this HDD connector?

MeeLee

Reputable
Aug 27, 2014
On my Gigabyte brix, there are 2 pcie slots, one for ssd, and one for the wifi card.
But I located another HDD connector, and wondered what it is, and if it can be used to attach a secondary drive?

It appears to be a small black multipin connector that is not zif, located just next to the pcie slot (at around 5 o'clock).

Also, what is the white connector on the left of the picture? It appears some sort of USB connector, but I'm not familiar with the socket.

AllanGH

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
M.2 socket.....
You've also got a SATA ribbon cable connector, and what appears to be a program / diagnostic connector (white 10-pin terminal housing).

Upon further consideration, that white connector could actually be an incarnation of the ever-worthless TPM connector.

Last edited:

onespeedbiker

Prominent
Apr 13, 2019
It is a PCIe mini-card. They were used in laptops for pcie minicard ssd hard drives, and are now commonly used in desktops to install a WIFI WLAN card. The PCIe minicard supports PCIe x1 and USB ll and there are a variety of cards available such a RAID controller, video/audio capture card, Ethernet card, LAN etc

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS