What is this how to get rid of it?

joyseph

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
What is this how to get rid of it? I use Win 8.1

14vsgwk.jpg

Solution
Did you use msconfig or some other program in the past to disable some startups? If so, it's possible that you uninstalled whatever program that startup was associated with, which would explain why there is no information in the name and publisher columns. This often happens since the registry entry is protected by whatever program was used to disable it and then when the program that is associated with the disabled startup is uninstalled the registry entry becomes orphaned.

You could try a program like CCleaner to clean the registry, it should find any orphaned or registry entries that are no longer valid and delete them. Just make sure you make a backup when offered by CCleaner just in case it removes something it shouldn't. It's...

PCBuilderProbs

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
most likely a registry glitch, as there's no option to open file location and no specific name attached with it. I'm guessing it was a program you uninstalled, but your Windows Registry never properly uninstalled it. Nothing to worry about at least.

joyseph

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

joyseph

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

But how when I cannot find it on my HardDrive?

Did you use msconfig or some other program in the past to disable some startups? If so, it's possible that you uninstalled whatever program that startup was associated with, which would explain why there is no information in the name and publisher columns. This often happens since the registry entry is protected by whatever program was used to disable it and then when the program that is associated with the disabled startup is uninstalled the registry entry becomes orphaned.

You could try a program like CCleaner to clean the registry, it should find any orphaned or registry entries that are no longer valid and delete them. Just make sure you make a backup when offered by CCleaner just in case it removes something it shouldn't. It's never happened to me in the many years that I've used it, but always better to play it safe with anything that modifies the registry.

Solution