[SOLVED] What is this problem with my new monitor?

Solution
I will try to send it back but since I live in a provincial/suburban area I'd have to either travel pretty far or pay high transport costs. What I'm after is if someone could define the problem and possibly suggest a relatively easy fix.

PS: I live at a country border and the monitor was purchased abroad, therefore I'm considering tinkering with it myself.
There is no way to know if there is an easy fix without opening it up and checking. Which will void any warranties and cause more damage elsewhere if not done appropriately.

Looks like there could be actual backlight damage or even pressure being pushed onto it. But there's no way of telling without opening it.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

If it's new - don't worry about fixing it.
Send it back.

Firstly by tinkering with it yourself, you'll void warranties.
Secondly, the seller has a responsibility to not sell you faulty product and sort it for you if they do this.
Thirdly, the seller needs to know of the problems they are shipping.

Aug 18, 2019
I will try to send it back but since I live in a provincial/suburban area I'd have to either travel pretty far or pay high transport costs. What I'm after is if someone could define the problem and possibly suggest a relatively easy fix.

PS: I live at a country border and the monitor was purchased abroad, therefore I'm considering tinkering with it myself.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

There is no way to know if there is an easy fix without opening it up and checking. Which will void any warranties and cause more damage elsewhere if not done appropriately.

Looks like there could be actual backlight damage or even pressure being pushed onto it. But there's no way of telling without opening it.

Solution
Aug 18, 2019
Just as a tip in case someone is fighting a similar issue, I think I fixed my monitor. Here is how I did it: I realized since the dark spot was located at the bottom of the screen, the pressure might be coming from the red frame with the brand logo on it. I took a look at it and instantly saw that there is a small gap between the frame element and the screen panel. I inserted a gift card in the gap, swiped it a couple of times along the whole area, then rubbed the darkened area with a soft cloth and after about 10 minutes the problem has ceased to exist. I am still not 100% sure that it was my doing, but maybe there was some dust or other stuff between the frame and the panel which was causing the pressure.

Before:
View: https://imgur.com/ge5PfYF

After:
View: https://imgur.com/5KG9Oya

Method:
View: https://imgur.com/Ov3M4y5