What is this sound piece thingy called?

samiryounan97

Commendable
Feb 13, 2017
I'm not much of an audiophile.

I purchased, a while back, an old HP workstation and upgraded it abit to a more decent graphics card for gaming. With this desktop, the sound came out of the case. No speakers needed.

With my new desktop (GTX 1080/i7 6700, high end) this isn't the case. I assumed that sound coming out of the desktop was normal but apparently not. I had to connect my headphones via the 3.5mm to get audio.

My current desktop only has onboard audio, high quality ones (or so I've been led to believe, Gigabyte HA-110m-h DDR4).

Solution

Not sure. You'd have to Google the Hp workstation's make and model number to see what they were using. Probably some proprietary speakers made specifically for that line of workstations. Some...

Not sure. You'd have to Google the Hp workstation's make and model number to see what they were using. Probably some proprietary speakers made specifically for that line of workstations. Some have a wireless card in a PCI slot and it has wires going to the top of the case to the antennae which can't be seen unless a couple panels are removed. Not exactly a run of the mill setup.

You can purchase speakers(up to 7.1 channel assuming your case has an HD audio module. If not you would be limited to 5.1 channel which isn't half bad. ) for it but internal speakers aren't so common. Tiny internal speaker for audio error codes that signifies various issues? Common. Internal speakers? Outdated imo.

Solution