What is this thing in Premiere?

Everyone is familiar with the green line on the timeline that shows up
after clips have been rendered. But on a Matrox I'm seeing a slightly
different shade of green line underneath that one...I'm able to slide it
around, but it doesn't seem to do much . At the end of it, it caused a
"pop" in my audio though until I moved it....

best guess is that it is a line that displays a Matrox specific realtime
capability or sumthin.