Mar 14, 2020
What's up guys,

So I got this new place and on the roof top I found this.
Please check image :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NVsMcF2PSxd2zzL-TGoRwQaw8fuQRPSt/view?usp=drivesdk

Is this used to boost LTE signals? because there is a huge signal problem in this area and while writing this message I've noticed this antenna on Alot of other houses as well.

This might be a basic question but I don't know anything about wireless networks, so some who can shed some light on this would be very helpful

Solution
Where does the wire go. The equipment it is attached to might give you a idea its purpose.

It looks like some form of television antenna. It appears to use tv type coax which is not rated for high frequency. The device on the antenna is very similar to the LNB used on a satelite.

If there are any marking on the equipment google will likely give you some good clues.
Hi ryan you say you seen it on other rooftops around you , why not just knock on a few doors and ask the other people who have got them , your photo shows some empty land are you on a new build plot , if their is a show house on site then the people running it might know what it is for

Where does the wire go. The equipment it is attached to might give you a idea its purpose.

It looks like some form of television antenna. It appears to use tv type coax which is not rated for high frequency. The device on the antenna is very similar to the LNB used on a satelite.

If there are any marking on the equipment google will likely give you some good clues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS