What is this?

Solution
Read my updated post, its a capacitor not a resistor. Im not entirely sure where you would find something like this. You can either go on some sub reddit like /r/electronics, or you can go somewhere like overclock.net and ask someone with a working board to measure out the values.

Edited original post: "Sorry, my last answer was wrong, I was looking at the wrong thing. Those are surface mount capacitors, as indicated by their ID number starting with a C. This will be a relatively easy fix, if you can find out the size of resistor you need. You will need to look up a spec sheet or something for your card."

Ethanh100

Honorable
Sorry, my last answer was wrong, I was looking at the wrong thing. Those are surface mount capacitors, as indicated by their ID number starting with a C. This will be a relatively easy fix, if you can find out the size of resistor you need. You will need to look up a spec sheet or something for your card.

psycher1

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
My non-answer would be that, with how technical I'm aware PCB's to be these days, I wouldn't even trust a job like that to my colleges Electrical Engineering professors. There's any number of things that could be wrong with a burned out card, not least to say the actual transistors in the actual GPU. There'd be nothing you can do about that short of replacing the GPU chip.

Endeavor01

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015

It's a GTX 970 FTW, any Idea where I can find a spec sheet for that?

In the best case, that didn't make any damage to the GPU chip, but, its already dead so, i would try a shot. (In fact, i did the same with my old ATI 4670 capacitors burned out).

Just try to search deeper about the Data sheet or something to buy the correct element needed.

Good Luck, and post the results!

Ethanh100

Honorable
Read my updated post, its a capacitor not a resistor. Im not entirely sure where you would find something like this. You can either go on some sub reddit like /r/electronics, or you can go somewhere like overclock.net and ask someone with a working board to measure out the values.

Edited original post: "Sorry, my last answer was wrong, I was looking at the wrong thing. Those are surface mount capacitors, as indicated by their ID number starting with a C. This will be a relatively easy fix, if you can find out the size of resistor you need. You will need to look up a spec sheet or something for your card."

Solution

Endeavor01

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015

Yea thanks, I was looking around in some other forums and found that someone said this,

Cxxx (xxx is a number) usually refers to a capacitor (red circle in pic below) while Ryyy (yyy is a number) refers to a resistor (green circle in pic).

thanks, Ill definitely post updates.

Endeavor01

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
So I tried the card again with no luck, figured I'd give it a shot after pulling off the capacitors. I plugged my two monitors,hdmi primary and dvi secondary, the card posted to both monitors! The primary monitor stopped displaying after the bios slash screen so I did dvi to hdmi and the card is fully fictional as far as I can tell now other than the hdmi port.

TRENDING THREADS