Question What is this?

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
Hi guys, Recently a built my first pc, eveything was ok but when I tried to turn on the pc there wasn't no image on the monitor, then I saw two red lights of the motherboard (the motherboard have some rgb, when I turn on the psu they light up for a second but then they turn off) the two red lights were in the CPU and Dram, The Dram one was solid red and sometimes the cpu light turned on for a few seconds a then faded away and the DRAM continued there, solid red.... My mobo is a B450 Aorus Pro Wifi and a Ryzen 5 3600X, I am almost sure that this is because of the BIOS.... but could be another thing... what you guys think about this?

Do you know what BIOS is installed? It may be printed on the box. Or it may have a Ryzen 3000 sticker. If you cant find either of those then chances are it is a BIOS issue.

You can try and find a computer shop that can do a BIOS update or send away for this free update kit from AMD

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

You can also try to boot with just 1 RAM stick installed to rule out a RAM issue if you are runnign dual sticks. Also be sure that the RAM is installed in the correct DIMM slots, which is almost always A2 for a single and A2 and B2 for dual channel.

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019
Do you know what BIOS is installed? It may be printed on the box. Or it may have a Ryzen 3000 sticker. If you cant find either of those then chances are it is a BIOS issue.

You can try and find a computer shop that can do a BIOS update or send away for this free update kit from AMD

You can also try to boot with just 1 RAM stick installed to rule out a RAM issue if you are runnign dual sticks. Also be sure that the RAM is installed in the correct DIMM slots, which is almost always A2 for a single and A2 and B2 for dual channel.
It's the first ever bios, F1 I guess, only compatible with 1⁰ ans 2⁰nd generation ryzen, As I said I'm almost sure it's a bios issue but It could be somethin else

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019

I tried to boot with only one ram but nothing happened

fer010122

Prominent
Sep 17, 2019

Another minor thing, We can turn the pc on using the case power button but to turn off we have to use the psu switch because It won't work using the case power button to turn off

Hi guys, Recently a built my first pc, eveything was ok but when I tried to turn on the pc there wasn't no image on the monitor, then I saw two red lights of the motherboard (the motherboard have some rgb, when I turn on the psu they light up for a second but then they turn off) the two red lights were in the CPU and Dram, The Dram one was solid red and sometimes the cpu light turned on for a few seconds a then faded away and the DRAM continued there, solid red.... My mobo is a B450 Aorus Pro Wifi and a Ryzen 5 3600X, I am almost sure that this is because of the BIOS.... but could be another thing... what you guys think about this?
What GPU ?