[SOLVED] What is this? [Still need help]

May 9, 2021
I've spent around 1 week or 2 trying to find out what is this? And why is happening to me, and if it's the GPU?

Can someone please tell me what in god is this, cause this pc should be able to run Fortnite, or rainbow, or sea of thieves. But it just can't idk why.

Please and thank you.

image0.jpg

Solution
Old-fashion geometry corruption. Could be a corrupted game, corrupted drivers or a bad GPU. If it happens in multiple games, that probably eliminates game corruption as a possibility, which leaves you with refreshing drivers on your PC and testing the GPU in a different system to see whether problems follow the hardware.

InvalidError

Titan
Old-fashion geometry corruption. Could be a corrupted game, corrupted drivers or a bad GPU. If it happens in multiple games, that probably eliminates game corruption as a possibility, which leaves you with refreshing drivers on your PC and testing the GPU in a different system to see whether problems follow the hardware.

Reactions: Bassman999
Solution

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I was playing Mad Max and thought I had a GPU issue, it was really weird looking.
Its the only game that does it. Just a buggy game.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
On a slight off topic, seems this warzone is really not that great when it comes to stability and glitches. Many topics lately report people having trouble playing it without troubles. This and valorant seems the be the two predominant. Or maybe it's the fact that they're really popular games so a wider variety of people with different specs play them.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021
I mean it's able to run GTA 5 on high with no issue.

May 9, 2021
And yea I don't get another computer to test this GPU.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Only time I have seen glitches like that was when my GTX580 was creeping out of its slot due to its ludicrous weight. Removing it and re-insertion did the trick. I would expect something like that to show up in more than one game though.

May 9, 2021
Only time I have seen glitches like that was when my GTX580 was creeping out of its slot due to its ludicrous weight. Removing it and re-insertion did the trick. I would expect something like that to show up in more than one game though.
I try that to see if that will work.

Thanks

blader15sk8

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
Last time I saw something like this, it turns out the client was plugging his monitor in to the HDMI port on the motherboard, and was running the games from his iGPU. If you haven't already, I would check that. Make sure the monitor is plugged directly into your video card.

Other than that, some basic troubleshooting steps to take would be:

-Reseating the GPU.
-Dust out the PC/GPU to improve thermals.
-Completely uninstall and reinstall your video card drivers.

Your PC specs should be plenty to run those games without visual glitches.

May 9, 2021
Last time I saw something like this, it turns out the client was plugging his monitor in to the HDMI port on the motherboard, and was running the games from his iGPU. If you haven't already, I would check that. Make sure the monitor is plugged directly into your video card.

Other than that, some basic troubleshooting steps to take would be:

-Reseating the GPU.
-Dust out the PC/GPU to improve thermals.
-Completely uninstall and reinstall your video card drivers.

Your PC specs should be plenty to run those games without visual glitches.
I use a display port on the card and Monitor. But I will try the others

thanks