raybob95

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
This happened during a normal reboot. I was resuming from hibernation. My PC had been acting up that day though, reset itself 3 times, and I tried swapping HDD Cables, which did nothing. This happened on my 2nd reboot attempt after putting the cables back to normal. My HDD was plugged in firmly, and I had not just removed/ installed any hardware.

Picture taken with my phone:

Photo0244.jpg

I restarted my computer and it booted fine, but this was weird, I've had this PC for 5 years and have never seen this before.

raybob95

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

No.....?

If it was the Blue Screen of Death then why did it boot up fine immediately after that?

And what failed in my computer that made this happen?

It happened right when the 'resuming' windows bar hit 100%. Usually if it has a problem, it'll just reboot itself, not BSOD.

And it works fine now, I'm using it as I type. But I want to know why it happened so I don't do it again.

EnoVation

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
tbh computers were invented to give mankind headaches. computers fail now and again. if it keeps repeating itself then u've got a problem. otherwise have u installed any new hardware or s/w. it mite have been an auto update to any of ur programs. if it persists post back with more details

G

Last time it happened to me on resuming from hibernation it turned out that one of my memory modules had died. Try running MemTest x86+ or similar diagnostic tool to check your RAM.

Rain1406

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
this happened to my laptop, although the screen flashed so quickly I had to ake a picture of it to know what it was. rather than do research into what it was and do the logical steps to fixing it I thought ah heck it and reinstalled windows... probably have been easier to try and fix it as installing windows again caused no end to my problems