[SOLVED] What is up with the speed of the Intel Core i3-8145U CPU?

Grimfyre

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2014
Hello all,

I just bought a relatively budget friendly ASus laptop. It is a 2 in 1 laptop/tablet. But it has this cpu and on walmarts site it advertises this laptop as having a 3.9ghz processor. After getting it and testing the laptop i learned the cpu is only 2.1ghz... Doing further search online it shows that this cpu goes from 2.1ghz to 3.9ghz ... So my question is how do i get it to go faster? According to the internet this cpu cant even be overclocked which would make no sense if the cpu has a speed range.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips or insight. My plan was to use this laptop soley to connect to my 40 inch tv that i use for tabletop Dungeons and Dragons digital maps. So i will be using the TV as a second monitor and using a program to run maps on it for DnD. However this laptop only has 4gb ram, so i know I will be upgrading that part but I am just hoping i can get a bit more speed out of the cpu even if it is just 2.9 or 3ghz.

Thanks for any info you can provide! This is the laptop for reference >>> https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-Viv...rint-Reader-Star-Grey-Windows-10-S-/406306280