[SOLVED] What is using up 1/4th of my ram

Vicarious351

Prominent
Aug 4, 2019
i have 16 GB of ram installed but the task manager says 4.9 GB of it is already in use and the task manager in the processes tab isn't showing that 4.9 gb is in use either. I also checked the hardware reserved and that is only 65mb

Solution
Configuration?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What RAM modules are installed? Matched set?

Starting point is to find the applicable User Guide/Manual for your motherboard.

The User Guide should have a list of supported RAM and RAM configurations.

Very likely that the User Guide will also refer you back to the motherboard's manufacturer's website for more information and updates.

Read all fine print and details.

And you can also visit RAM manufacturer's websites. The manufacturer's information may prove helpful with respect to confirming or clarifying RAM compatibility based on your computer's motherboard.

Ralston18

Titan
Configuration?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What RAM modules are installed? Matched set?

Starting point is to find the applicable User Guide/Manual for your motherboard.

The User Guide should have a list of supported RAM and RAM configurations.

Very likely that the User Guide will also refer you back to the motherboard's manufacturer's website for more information and updates.

Read all fine print and details.

And you can also visit RAM manufacturer's websites. The manufacturer's information may prove helpful with respect to confirming or clarifying RAM compatibility based on your computer's motherboard.

Solution