What is utilization limit and power limit in hwmonitor under performance?

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Hello i have a gtx 1070 fe edition and i was playing witcher 3 for 1 hour the max temp of cpu is 49 so great on the gpu it is 78 at max i dont knoe if it is good or no i mean hot or no but from what i know it is a good temp and normal for the fe edition card but now what is the utilization limit i dont understand it please help and it is set to max 1 and value 1 with min 0 and the power limit max is 1 and value and min is 0 and thank you.

hwmonitor

Solution
So here your card perform normally because it's saying :
- "utilisation limit" 1 because it's used, logical.
- "Power limit" 0 because it doesn't reach the max power usage allowed by the card so I think that using afterburner, you should see "voltage limit" at 1.

Rodolphe.

rodolphe.viard

Reputable
Feb 27, 2018
Hi roudy-s,

those are just "yes/no" info directly delivered by the card itself .
It works like :

- Am I at the max voltage allowed? "Voltage limit" yes=1 no=0
- Am I using the max of the allowed power? "Power limit" yes=1 no=0

etc etc for every infos.

Rodolphe.

rodolphe.viard

Reputable
Feb 27, 2018
So here your card perform normally because it's saying :
- "utilisation limit" 1 because it's used, logical.
- "Power limit" 0 because it doesn't reach the max power usage allowed by the card so I think that using afterburner, you should see "voltage limit" at 1.

Rodolphe.

Solution

roudy-s

Reputable
Jan 21, 2017
Thank you for your reply but in general my card is working fine or no because i have bought it from 2 weeks and i need to know if everything is normal and i dont want to overclock or use afterburner i just want to know if it is working fine and thank you.