[SOLVED] What is Windows 10 really like for gaming? Thinking of upgrading but worried about horror stories.

kkeymer

Commendable
Jan 29, 2020
Hi, I couldn't find a thread with users giving any sort of heads up regarding my question, and you may have seen this countless times. But I am new to this site, and can't see any obvious answers.

Been using Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64 Bit for years now, without hardly any problems. So have been hesitant to upgrade for quite a while. But am thinking of dual booting between that and Win 10 64 Bit.

The main point of my question however is, how is Win 10 when it comes to gaming generally? I hear horror stories all the time from the media, bsod's and other problems constantly, and never any positive news.

The range of games I would be hoping to play, would date from the very first COD, to the range of games dating around a year ago. Would I be best suited to using the Win 7 OS partition to play older games?

And do most of the modern games from around now to about 5 years ago, work fine on Win 10?

My setup is compatible with both OS's, and have driver support.

Regards,

kkeymer.

Solution
D
You’ve been listening to a lot of dishonest bullcrap. Windows 10 is fantastic especially for gaming. I don’t know what you’ve been reading or where, but those people don’t know anything from the sounds of it
D

Deleted member 14196

You’ve been listening to a lot of dishonest bullcrap. Windows 10 is fantastic especially for gaming. I don’t know what you’ve been reading or where, but those people don’t know anything from the sounds of it

Reactions: kkeymer
Solution

kkeymer

Commendable
Jan 29, 2020

Mainly google news and msn. Recently they have been bombarding problems with windows updates too.

Ok that's good news then thanks. But what about older game support? Or does Win 10 have generally no problems with those also? I understand that compatibility mode might be required if necessary? Or I would have to use the Win 7 partition?

Thanks again.