What is Windows 7 32/64-bit mean?? Please Help!

Opgbreakdown

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Hello there people i recently got my hands on a OS Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32/64-bit thinking i could install the 64-bit version of it.

Can someone tell me what it means by "32/64-bit" part? I ran install but it installed the 32-bit and i need 64-bit to use all 8gb of ram for high end gaming purposes which i am not getting with the 32- bit as of now.

Any help is appreciated, I give my Thanks in advance.

Solution
ok this 32 and 64 bit its a term of processors compatibility of instructions can be loaded in your computer or a weight of data can be carried. In this terms its like a machine engine that can run smoothly by synchronizing it by compatibility. This is like our computer, we have 3 main hardware that firstly compatible in our computer with this also the software, if you wanted to install a 64 bit(binary digits) OS so that your games will compatible do it. But be sure that your hardware I said is compatible on it.

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
ok this 32 and 64 bit its a term of processors compatibility of instructions can be loaded in your computer or a weight of data can be carried. In this terms its like a machine engine that can run smoothly by synchronizing it by compatibility. This is like our computer, we have 3 main hardware that firstly compatible in our computer with this also the software, if you wanted to install a 64 bit(binary digits) OS so that your games will compatible do it. But be sure that your hardware I said is compatible on it.

Solution

BrandX

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
Short version:
64-bit is best for running modern hardware.
32-bit can only run a maximum of 4GB of ram, but it is more compatible with older software and some very old hardware.

64-bit is the best choice for most people.
If you installed the wrong version, you can install 64-bit on a "clean install" - eg; a blank, formatted hard drive.