Question What is wrong with gpu rates?

Mar 18, 2019
can someone explain why gpu prices are on the high? ive heard smthin abt crypto currency mining...smthin like that.. what does it mean? and r the rates gonna fall withing a month or 2 cause i want to buy a gpu ..around 100 dollars maybe.. also pls recommend sm video cards, i wanna do atleast an entry lvl gaming but not compromise on budget

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
can someone explain why gpu prices are on the high? ive heard smthin abt crypto currency mining...smthin like that.. what does it mean? and r the rates gonna fall withing a month or 2 cause i want to buy a gpu ..around 100 dollars maybe.. also pls recommend sm video cards, i wanna do atleast an entry lvl gaming but not compromise on budget
Crypto mining is dying down somewhat, but the prices remain high just because enough people are willing to pay that much for a graphics card. You can't get a very good graphics card for around $100 new right now, but there are plenty of used graphics cards on Ebay.

Mar 18, 2019
Crypto mining is dying down somewhat, but the prices remain high just because enough people are willing to pay that much for a graphics card. You can't get a very good graphics card for around $100 new right now, but there are plenty of used graphics cards on Ebay.
care to explain what crypto mining is?

is gt1030 bad for entry lvl gaming?

The GT 1030/GP108 is an entry level card...Not that powerful though, but for casual games it should be OK....Depends on which particular PC game you are playing on this GT variant. Are you on 1080p Monitor screen, or 720p ?

I won't call this card bad though.

Make a note though...First of all, GTX are actually meant to be gaming cards. The 1030 is not a GTX, it is a GT. Nvidia's GT lineup is meant for computers to run light programs, web browsing, office work and also for some casual/light gaming as well.... I won't expect a mind blowing performance though.

This card is more suited for eSports and DirectX9/11-based games, IMO, and it also has a single-slot/low-profile form factor (30 watts TDP).

Last edited:
GT1030 is a bad choice for a gaming card, yes.
For 1080p, the RX570 is about 30-40% faster than a GTX1050Ti (which I would consider the minimum for 1080p gaming). AMD cards are a far better bang for the buck in the sub-$200 range.
Just saw a RX570 4GB for $120 on newegg fliers. Aforementioned RX580 8GB for $170.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Mar 18, 2019
The GT 1030/GP 108 is an entry level card...Not that powerful though, but for casual games it should be OK....Depends on which particular PC game you are playing on this GT variant. Are you on 1080p Monitor screen, or 720p ?

I won't call this card bad though.

Make a note though...First of all, GTX are actually meant to be gaming cards. The 1030 is not a GTX, it is a GT. Nvidia's GT lineup is meant for computers to run light programs, web browsing, office work and also for some casual/light gaming as well.... I won't expect a mind blowing performance though.

This card is more suited for eSports and DirectX9/11-based games, IMO, and it also has a single-slot/low-profile form factor (30 watts TDP).
causal gaming in the sense? gtx is like a little out of my reach in terms of budget.. abt 1030, take a look at this site. is this legit? if it is im happy as hell
https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/gpu-compare/11392/geforce-gt-1030?compare=11433
and my monitor is a samsung S20D300.. Im not sure abt its specs either(lets just say im kind of a newbie ) .... and also does my monitor support hdmi? cause gt1030 requires hdmi ive read

Hello,

I think your current Monitor Samsung S20D300 model has 1 HDMI port. Though, when I was doing a google search I was kind of getting mixed answers. Also, one more thing, the GT 1030 comes in 2 variants, GDDR5 as well as the DDR4 memory.

GDDR5 is much better in terms of performance. I can't comment on that "GPU compare" website results....They haven't specified on what screen resolution, and game settings the chart has been made, though you can trust it, imo.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2019
Hello,

I think your current Monitor Samsung S20D300 model has 1 HDMI port. Though, when I was doing a google search I was kind of getting mixed answers. Also, one more thing, the GT 1030 comes in 2 variants, GDDR5 as well as the DDR4 memory.

GDDR5 is much better in terms of performance. I can't comment on that "GPU compare" website results....They haven't specified on what screen resolution, and game settings the chart has been made, though you can trust it, imo.
I can't find any hdmi port in my monitor, just a vga. I guess I might have to use those adaptors..

Gt 1030 seems to be the only one favouring my conditions, although even now their prices r rising😫😫

Vishal_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2015
Bro you know you do have rx 570 out there. best price to performance. ab to 13k me aata hai. infact nvidia is also 13k , gtx1060 3GB. 7k me nai aega bhai. 9k tak budget krke olx pe purchase krlo. aram se mil jaega 1060 or rx 570

Mar 18, 2019
Bro you know you do have rx 570 out there. best price to performance. ab to 13k me aata hai. infact nvidia is also 13k , gtx1060 3GB. 7k me nai aega bhai. 9k tak budget krke olx pe purchase krlo. aram se mil jaega 1060 or rx 570
Not that good in hindi...... But still its not possible to compromise on budget... Let's just say it's my pocket money

Reactions: Vishal_7