What is wrong with my computer?

Gaming Freak

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
Hello, today I upgraded my motherboard and my processor in my computer for the first time. After doing s clean install of windows, I tried to load the driver disk for my motherboard but when I click on the disk drive to open it, it stops responding. I then tried to use a usb and the same thing happened. I cannot connect to the Internet because the Ethernet driver is not installed. However, everything else works. I don't know what to do can someone please help me?

To be clear:
1) DVD drive isn't responding with install disc, and
2) You copied files to a USB driver (drivers downloaded via a different PC) but can't access your USB stick?

Hmm..
That's odd because I'm pretty sure ETHERNET drivers are installed with Windows (not wi-fi but wired). I'm not sure what to say because it sounds like a problem with your MOTHERBOARD.

Someone might have better advice but other than checking cables I can't think of what to do if you have no network and no inputs work.

*Try burning an Ubuntu DVD or other Linux that can run direct from DVD. If you can boot then test USB and ethernet which should work with nothing installed. If that fails then it's a hardware problem.

Gaming Freak

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

Thanks for your help! I installed windows again, and then for some reason I could use the USB. I found the driver for the Ethernet on another computer and copied them to a USB and then installed it onto the computer. After that everything was working. I guess it was a fluke thing or something. But, thanks for your help anyway!