Question What is wrong with my GPU?

Apr 27, 2020
PC specs:
CPU: R2700X
MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB Ram 3200MHZ
PSU: Seasonic S12II650GB

At first when I got it I got a lot of lag (I upgraded to this gpu from a gtx 1060) and then sent the card back and got a replacement but the same result and I couldn't find any answers on the internet so I'm asking here. I installed GPU-Z and looked at the usage and core clock and the cpu is using mostly 20% and the gpu 28% so it's not bottlenecking and the core voltage always stayed below 1000MHZ, I put the extreme performance scenario on and the same result, then I overclocked it with Afterburner (Core Voltage 100%, Power Limit 111%, Core clock +100, Memory clock +1000MHZ) and there was nothing different and I tried reinstalling the drivers, first without GFE and then with but I got the same result again and I got new ram as you see because on the msi forum I was advised to upgrade from 8GB to 16 or more and I did but the same result again and no one else is helping me there now and I looked at gpu-z while gaming and I see that the clocks of my graphics card don't get higher than 970 mhz while I boosted it to 1800mhz. I can't think of any other solution now.

Apr 27, 2020
vsync is off and I monitor my fps, in Minecraft I get up to 260 fps with the lowest settings and it occasionally drops to 40 and then slowly rises back up and with Fortnite on the lowest settings I get 320 fps and it also drops occasionally but not to 40 but to 80 fps.

Apr 27, 2020
Before you head so far, try running a benchmark (say, MSI Kombustor) and see if the results are within expectations. Also, try removing the drivers using DDU and reinstalling from scratch. It might very well be a software issue with the game.
I already tried it and I benchmarked it with multiple apps and the result was below average and I already sent it back