[SOLVED] What is wrong with my GPU?

May 2, 2020
I've been having issues for probably a year now. Reapplying thermal paste usually fixes it temporarily but I tried again recently and it didn't solve it. I just did an OCCT 3D test and it shows 88310 errors in the first 10 minutes. while playing games and sometimes after closing them I will get artifacts on my screen and shortly after my monitor will go completely black and after about 10 seconds it will come back and my game would have crashed. Is my graphics card screwed?

the temps usually go up to 70 under load.

update: I cancelled the test and my screen froze and blacked out for a minute. I also tried a memory test and it crashed and once I cancelled it it did the same thing.

my specs:
GTX 1050 Ti
Intel i5 2500
16GB ram

Last edited:
Solution
Artifacts are usually an indication of the memory going bad. Try using something like Afterburner to lower the clock speed and voltage on the VRAM. It will drop performance but it may add stability if the VRAM is not completely gone.

Teknoman2

Reputable
Oct 13, 2020
Artifacts are usually an indication of the memory going bad. Try using something like Afterburner to lower the clock speed and voltage on the VRAM. It will drop performance but it may add stability if the VRAM is not completely gone.

Reactions: nightblood
Solution
May 2, 2020
lowering the clock speed and voltage actually helped. I'll do this temporarily until I can replace it. thank you for the replies I've been trying to sort this forever :)