[SOLVED] What is wrong with my Motherboard???? or is it my psu?

Oct 27, 2020
After not doing enough research on overclocking I tweaked a few things on my BIOS and one of the big changes were setting my RAM to I think 3600MHZ.... this is where all my problems started.
Unsuccessful boots, no display, error code 09, error code 21, and blue screens I ultimately set my BIOS to default settings and took out two of my RAM sticks and left A1 and A2 on my mobo. Now everything is working fine.
But when I plug in my other RAM sticks and start the computer, it just freezes after booting and restarts on its own... I feel like I messed up something real bad and this is my first time on a forum so all help is greatly appreciated!
Here are my specs....

Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI) ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z Royal 128 GB (4 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Founders Edition Video Card
be quiet! Straight Power 11 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
I too have a nearly identical build. Maximus XII Hero, Trident Z Royal and 10850k.

Did you set the XMP profile or manually change those settings?

When I first built my PC just a couple weeks ago, I set my XMP profile and I couldn't get the board to post. I ended up disabling XMP and went and installed all the drivers via Asus Armory Crate and since then I've not had any issues.

I'd recommend making sure your motherboard drivers are up-to-date. If you manually changed the memory profile, you may have the voltage set incorrectly. Check the package's label that the trident z royal came in and it should list the clock speeds, timings and voltage that is recommended. Good luck! It's no fun having issues when overclocking. Just a...
Sep 27, 2020
I too have a nearly identical build. Maximus XII Hero, Trident Z Royal and 10850k.

When I first built my PC just a couple weeks ago, I set my XMP profile and I couldn't get the board to post. I ended up disabling XMP and went and installed all the drivers via Asus Armory Crate and since then I've not had any issues.

I'd recommend making sure your motherboard drivers are up-to-date. If you manually changed the memory profile, you may have the voltage set incorrectly. Check the package's label that the trident z royal came in and it should list the clock speeds, timings and voltage that is recommended. Good luck! It's no fun having issues when overclocking. Just a friendly bit of advice, just enable your XMP profile as you slowly begin learning to overclock. It can be very trick, especially things like tightening the timings and getting the voltage right. XMP sets it to the advertised speeds/voltage and timings.

I would like to add that it's really not necessary (in my opinion) to manually mess with the RAM as the XMP profile sets everything up for you nice n easy. Idk what your using your build for, but it sounds like your a beginner and if thats the case, just clear cmos, download mobo drivers and then set the ram profile to xmp I. Then you can slowly start learning to OC your CPU manually by slowly and I mean VERY slowly, changing a setting at a time and seeing if you have success. When overclocking anything, just remember the more you change the higher the chance something is going to go wrong and you have no idea which setting it is. So unless your experienced, it's typically recommended to only change 1 setting at a time.

Solution
Oct 27, 2020

I'd recommend making sure your motherboard drivers are up-to-date. If you manually changed the memory profile, you may have the voltage set incorrectly. Check the package's label that the trident z royal came in and it should list the clock speeds, timings and voltage that is recommended. Good luck! It's no fun having issues when overclocking. Just a friendly bit of advice, just enable your XMP profile as you slowly begin learning to overclock. It can be very trick, especially things like tightening the timings and getting the voltage right. XMP sets it to the advertised speeds/voltage and timings.

I would like to add that it's really not necessary (in my opinion) to manually mess with the RAM as the XMP profile sets everything up for you nice n easy. Idk what your using your build for, but it sounds like your a beginner and if thats the case, just clear cmos, download mobo drivers and then set the ram profile to xmp I. Then you can slowly start learning to OC your CPU manually by slowly and I mean VERY slowly, changing a setting at a time and seeing if you have success. When overclocking anything, just remember the more you change the higher the chance something is going to go wrong and you have no idea which setting it is. So unless your experienced, it's typically recommended to only change 1 setting at a time.
THANK YOU so much for all your information!!! So I cleared my CMOS and plugged in all my RAM and now no problem!!!
I'm super new to the overclocking world and will probably never do it until I do ENOUGH research to not crash my computer... lol
I really appreciate it!!! Slowly learning more and more software stuff :)