What is wrong with my PC? GPU? CPU? Drivers? idk

Nov 6, 2018
So i just recently cam across this issue in my pc. Ill be playing a game. for example Black ops 4. And i am getting a solid 120-144 fps. then at random times. on any game that is. even csgo. Even if i am just watching a youtube video my fps will drop to 1 to 5 fps or if i am just browsing windows the whole pc will lag and my mouse pointer will drag across the cscreen real slowly for a solid 6 seconds at times. when i was playing the game i had my copu abnd gpu timers on as well as the temps. and it seems to be more of the GPU that is causing the issue. i reinstalled all the latest graphics drivers and withoutt installing geforece experiace. I thought that fixed the issue but only an hour later. still not fixed. ive been trying to fix this for at least a week straight. change my power settings and done seems like everything possible to fix this but i cant figure it out. i think its a hardware issue at this point but im not sure. or is my graphics card just going out. i doupt that because my friend runs the same graphics card and his runs fine. my specs are:
Processor- Intel i7-8700 CPU 3.20GHz 3.19Ghz
Memory- 32.0 Trident z rgb
OS- 64-bit windows 10 pro
GPU- Gigabyte Aurus 1060 6gb 3fan version

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard do you have? Have you checked you have latest drivers for motherboard?

Try doing a clean boot and see if it still happens - read instructions carefully and make sure not to disable ANY Microsoft services, or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if that helps, it points to problem being one of your start up programs, slowly re add them to startup (over a few starts) to find the cause.