Question What is wrong with my pc

Jul 13, 2019
Hello guys i just downloaded fortnite and iam having aloot of fps drop idk why my specs

Processor:i3 3220
gpu:gt 1030 ddr5
ram:4 gb ddr3 1330Mhz
internet speed:15mb/sec download 2mb/sec upload
so i used msi afterburner to see the problem and it was like this gpu usage 40% cuz i capped the fps at 60 ..cpu 70%
ram usage 4010 mb(from 4025 mb AT THE fps drop time)so is this normal or what i wanted to be sure that if i ubgrade my ram it will fix this

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
There's no guarantee that the RAM upgrade will fix your problem. But only looking at your problem and fortnite requirements, it best operates with 8GB RAM, if your RAM usage from fortnite is already at 4GB, then it's probably running into virtual memory, so upgrading your RAM likely will help.

You'll also want to verify CPU and GPU temps are safe, and that you run regularly clean-ups of storage drives etc.

Jul 13, 2019
There's no guarantee that the RAM upgrade will fix your problem. But only looking at your problem and fortnite requirements, it best operates with 8GB RAM, if your RAM usage from fortnite is already at 4GB, then it's probably running into virtual memory, so upgrading your RAM likely will help.

You'll also want to verify CPU and GPU temps are safe, and that you run regularly clean-ups of storage drives etc.
cpu temp:65-74 degree
gpu temp :50-65 degree
While playing of course

Jul 13, 2019
cpu temp:65-74 degree
gpu temp :50-65 degree
While playing of course

SO is it ram problem ?