Question What is wrong with my PC ?

Dec 2, 2021
So I bought a 3060 TI bundle from AntOnline. It came with some EVGA peripherals and an EVGA 750W Gold PSU. I installed the PSU and the GPU into my desktop. Everything is running normally from what I can see. However, when I go to open a game on my PC, it seems to lag horrendously and if I have a browser with a video playing or a livestream, it starts freezing up there as well.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA drivers from Control Panel and made sure I had all the Windows Updates installed for my PC. Issue is still happening. I'm hoping it isn't a dead GPU or anything like that but I am confused as to what exactly is happening and would love some help determining that if possible.

Basic CPU Specs

MOBO: Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU: I9 9900K
RAM: DDR4 32gb 3200 MHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC GAMING 8GB
PSU: EVGA 750W G5

Dec 2, 2021
I just double checked all the connections an they are all good. For some reason, the RGB isn't lighting up on the icue hi100i that I have installed. Checked the icue software and it isn't detected in there either. Going to do another teardown to see if I can determine what is happening. I thought it might have been the power cable that I was using for SATA power from the old PSU. Swapped out for a different SATA power cable and issue still happening.

Nov 30, 2021
Do the pipes or the radiator get hot?

Demount your CPU cooler and change thermal paste. If your cooler was plugged in and still having 99C that's probably because of bad heat transfer between the CPU lid and the cooler.

I had the same issue once with my AIO cooler for my GPU. I though i had everyting in place but I got serious lags in games after 2-3 minutes. It was one loose screw on the pump's mount.

Dec 2, 2021
So the fans on the AIO were spinning but the RGB lighting isn't turning on and it isn't detected in ICUE. This AIO was working fine prior to installing the new PSU and GPU. I didnt unmount it or anything like that so it shouldn't be related to poor heat transfer. For some reason I have a feeling the pump may be dead but not sure.

Nov 30, 2021
So the fans on the AIO were spinning but the RGB lighting isn't turning on and it isn't detected in ICUE. This AIO was working fine prior to installing the new PSU and GPU. I didnt unmount it or anything like that so it shouldn't be related to poor heat transfer. For some reason I have a feeling the pump may be dead but not sure.

But does the radiator or the pipes get hot / warm when using the cpu? If not, then your pump might be dead :(
If you put your hand onto the pump while in operation, you should feel it vibrating a bit. If you dont feel or hear anything, then it is certainly dead.

Dec 2, 2021
Unfortunately, I believe I have a dead pump. I smelled something odd when I first powered on the PC after install. Didnt think too much of it. But now that I took the pump off and smelled it, it smells faintly like what I smelled when powering on the PC.

Dec 2, 2021
Did you use the power cables from the old PSU with the new PSU?

I did. I didn't even think about it tbh as I have never had to swap power supplies. After I determined the pump was dead, I checked the power cable I was using and the power cable of the PSU and they were different. So that is what fried it I would say. Which is just annoying. You would think there would be standardized cabling on PSUs.

I did. I didn't even think about it tbh as I have never had to swap power supplies. After I determined the pump was dead, I checked the power cable I was using and the power cable of the PSU and they were different. So that is what fried it I would say. Which is just annoying. You would think there would be standardized cabling on PSUs.
Unfortunately it is not but will explain your problems.