[SOLVED] What is wrong with my prebuilt Cyberpowerpc?

Oct 28, 2019
Hi all, and sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I bought a second-hand GUA2600BST and it is running terrible compared to what I would expect. I have run multiple benchmarks where everything except hard drive is in the 0th percentile, but other times the benchmarks are just fine getting in the 50-60 percentile. It seems that the bad benchmarks happen after the computer has been on for a while but also when playing a game all the graphics take forever to load and the first game is basically unplayable (Fortnite). Just making an account to make this post has been a pain which leads me to believe the processor might be to blame. Chrome is lagging and everything I do takes seconds to load. I linked a benchmark below to see what I am talking about. Thanks!

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21290693

Solution
First, do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.
Trying to run from an OS that came out out a different PC can result in 'issues'.

Are all your drivers up to date?

As fa far as slow load times. Its a HDD from 2013 and your ram is 1 stick meaning its running in single channel which has a big impact on the "snappiness" of your pc especially in things like gaming.

The pc is used, do you know for how long? Or were you just told how long?

The CPU is running below average because the ram is in single channel. Ryzen 5 loves fast ram, in fact its NEEDS fast ram to run efficently. You have single channel ram with speed of 2400mhz.

This could also be why Fortnite wont play well because its not very graphically demanding and relies more on the CPU with lower settings which I assume your trying to play on.

On top of that your CPU has to process the information given to it by the GPU (your gpu is fine for fortnite) but since its not running at its full potential because of the single channel ram, it cant process that information as quickly or efficently.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019
I'm not sure if my drivers are up to date being I'm new to computer stuff, but honestly, I don't know how long the computer was used for, i just jumped at a deal which probably wasn't the best Idea

Reactions: Jason H.
I'm not sure if my drivers are up to date being I'm new to computer stuff, but honestly, I don't know how long the computer was used for, i just jumped at a deal which probably wasn't the best Idea

Im almost certain its because your rams in single channel at a low speed which is making the cpu run terribly which in turn is giving you overall bad performance.

also did you replace it with a SSD or another HDD? if another HDD your going to have slow load times, no way around it.

Oct 28, 2019
I bought an SSD ready to replace, but could it really be the ram giving such bad performance? it's how it came factory I believe, and I doubt they sent out this underperforming computer. Could it be the cpu or motherboard? also, if it really is the ram causing this should I just buy an 8gb stick running at the same frequency to get dual channel?

USAFRet

Titan
First, do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.
Trying to run from an OS that came out out a different PC can result in 'issues'.

Reactions: Jason H.
Solution
I bought an SSD ready to replace, but could it really be the ram giving such bad performance? it's how it came factory I believe, and I doubt they sent out this underperforming computer. Could it be the cpu or motherboard? also, if it really is the ram causing this should I just buy an 8gb stick running at the same frequency to get dual channel?

Lol cyberpower pcs are not great pcs.

But yes I really do believe with it being a Ryzen CPU, and Ryzen is very well known for wanting fast ram, that because its 1 chip in single channel, that is the reason the CPU is running so terribly and giving overall bad performance, especially with it being used. Who knows how much its was really used.

I would not recommend mixing ram, even when its the same exact model. Could it work without issues? Sure but there is no guarentee it will work.

Id recommend finding a 2x8gb ddr4 3000mhz kit for about 70-80$ if you wanted to go that route. Or a 2x4gb kit if your on a budget and 8gb ram is fine for you.

But try what others suggest 1st just to see if it could be a software based issue, never know.