[SOLVED] WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY STEERING WHEEL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
I have a thrustmaster 458 italia steering wheel which has always been working fine until today. Plugged it into my PC today and when I do the screen tabs go black but the screen stays on. I will attach images and a video link to show. Not a bloody clue why its doing this. Tried it on another PC and it does not have any issues. Any thoughts?

Thanks and stay safe

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxeDspR89g

Solution
You can use a restore point if one exists in your system for before the 2004 update.

Otherwise you'll need to download an ISO of 1909 and use Rufus program to make a bootable flash drive and do a clean install after backup up important files.

I had to do a clean install myself, but I have an SSD for Windows and small apps and keep everything else on an HDD so I can do it no issue, plus it was time for a fresh start anyways to clean things up a bit.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Did you update to the 2004 update of Windows 10?
Open start menu and type "winver" without quotations and run it to check which version you're on.

If you are on 2004 then that's your issue and you need to revert back to 1909.

I have a Logitech Driving Force GT and it doesn't work on 2004. Looks like older wheels are having trouble on new windows version.

Oct 24, 2019
Did you update to the 2004 update of Windows 10?
Open start menu and type "winver" without quotations and run it to check which version you're on.

If you are on 2004 then that's your issue and you need to revert back to 1909.

I have a Logitech Driving Force GT and it doesn't work on 2004. Looks like older wheels are having trouble on new windows version.
Nice one I will do that, how do I revert back to that one then. Thanks for your help

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
You can use a restore point if one exists in your system for before the 2004 update.

Otherwise you'll need to download an ISO of 1909 and use Rufus program to make a bootable flash drive and do a clean install after backup up important files.

I had to do a clean install myself, but I have an SSD for Windows and small apps and keep everything else on an HDD so I can do it no issue, plus it was time for a fresh start anyways to clean things up a bit.

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I am not trying to necro this thread, instead I am offering an update to the OP as well as anyone else who comes along and see's this.

If you are using older logitech wheels and having trouble, and are currently on 2004 with issues, or on an older OS with issues, Don't stay on the older OS, nor should you downgrade to older.

My wheel works on the newest version of Windows v20H2 (a.k.a. 2009)
So you should update.
If you don't have an update when you do "check for updates" in windows, then download the media creation tool, run it, and upgrade with that.

Make sure you check for updates after the upgrade and keep checking for updates until there it checks and finds no more for you (restarting when it asks you to for certain updates) and make sure to install any "optional" feature updates as well.

Here is a link to the media creation tool if you need it.

For those who don't know, you will need the logitech gaming software v5.10 for older wheels like the G29 and Driving Force GT.
Newer wheels should only require the GHub app to work.
(Possible as well that maybe one or two devices require the older gaming software, but not the 5.10 and instead the newer gaming software than that but from before they switched over to GHub. Do some research for your device, or just go to it's support page on the website and see what software it tries to give you. And make sure you get the correct bit version as well, sometimes it will give you the 32bit version but if you are on 64bit, you will need to expand for more options and grab the 64bit version of whatever software you need)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS