[SOLVED] What is wrong with this Dell Inspiron 3670?

Jul 26, 2019
I went to go boot up my Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop PC today and I saw this (link at bottom). The PC isn't even a week old. The power light is flashing amber in a pattern of 2,1. I am assuming it is a POST issue, but I have no idea what it is. However, when I unplugged it and pressed the power button, it booted normally. Any ideas what is up? Should I contact Dell Support?

the link to my issue:

https://bit.ly/2GwIBLv

Solution
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I will contact Dell tomorrow. I also did some research and I found one document that said that the 2,1 flashing light is a system board failure.
If that's true, then that's way worse.

While you still have the PC booted into Windows, I suggest backing up any important files that you may already have on it to the cloud before sending it off to Dell under the warranty.
Jul 26, 2019
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I will contact Dell tomorrow. I also did some research and I found one document that said that the 2,1 flashing light is a system board failure.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
If that's true, then that's way worse.

While you still have the PC booted into Windows, I suggest backing up any important files that you may already have on it to the cloud before sending it off to Dell under the warranty.

Reactions: Ethan Knickerbocker
Solution
Jul 26, 2019
Okay. I will make sure I back up my files. I was prepared for the worst and hoping for the best. Thank you so much for your help man!

P.S.
I will mention that the PC has just gotten slower and slower. I ran a benchmark test the day I got it and just now. It was in the 95 percentile the day I got it and now it is in the 20 percentile.